- 1526 Charles V and Francis I sign the Treaty of Madrid, forcing Francis to give up claims to Burgundy, Italy and Flanders
- 1641 United East Indian Company conquers city of Malacca, 7,000 killed
- 1724 Spanish King Philip V abdicates throne
- 1761 Third Battle of Panipat: In one of the largest battles of the century, the mostly Muslim Afghani Durrani Empire defeats the mostly Hindu Maratha Empire in Northern India. An estimated 60,000–70,000 were killed in the fighting and about 40,000 Maratha prisoners massacred afterwards.
- 1784 US Revolutionary War ends with the US Congress of the Confederation ratifying the Treaty of Paris
- 2011 Tunisian president Ben Ali, flees to Saudi Arabia after popular protests known as the Jasmine Revolution