- 330 Constantinople (Byzantium) becomes the capital of the Roman Empire
- 1189 Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa and 100,000 crusaders depart Regensburg for the Third Crusade
- 1751 Pennsylvania Hospital founded by Dr. Thomas Bond and Benjamin Franklin
- 1924 Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft and Benz & Cie begin their first joint venture (later merge into Mercedes-Benz)
- 1995 In New York City, more than 170 countries decide to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions.
- 2000 India’s population officially reaches 1 billion – Astha Arora named India’s billionth baby