UK NEWS
Prince Andrew did something that gives hope to the royal family

While he was expected to be part of one of the most colourful events in the royal calendar, the Duke of York decided not to attend the event. The decision is understood to be taken at the last minute as his name was still on the order of service.

Hope is alive

According to MailOnline, the 62-year-old Duke of York was scheduled to attend a carriage parade with other members of the Firm at the Berkshire horse racing event this week. However, a source confirmed that he decided to stay away from following the controversy generated by his desire to attend Monday’s Order of the Garter ceremony at Windsor Castle. Prince Andrew was forced to miss that event after the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge lobbied the Queen about his participation.

After that incident, it is said that the prince pulled out of this event at the last minute to save himself some grace. The source said that he decided to stay away from it in a decision made ‘without fuss.’ According to reports, the Duke of York believed he had been given permission to attend the event among other working members of the Royal Family.

Can the royal family let go of Prince Andrew?

According to Finding Freedom author Omid Scobie, the monarchy’s reluctance to fully separate Prince Andrew from all parts of royal life is damaging and reflects horribly on the family. He added:

The reluctance was… clear when Andrew was allowed to walk the Queen in front of the world’s media for Prince Philip’s televised memorial service, and when he was given the go-ahead to attend some of the Platinum Jubilee events.

Every chance Prince Andrew is given to try and rehabilitate his image is a step closer to further damage and shame for the institution of the monarchy. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

Source: Ohmymag.com

About the author

Related Post

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *