RED BANK, NJ – The St Nicholas Parish in Red Bank, New Jersey has been received into the Slavic Orthodox Vicariate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
The Orthodox Christian community of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker was founded there in 1950. In 1955, the congregation acquired the building of a former Baptist church built in 1910. The majority of the founding members of the parish were Kuban Stanitsa, therefore it is also known as the “Cossack Church”. Recently, the parish had requested a transfer from the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia to the Slavic Orthodox Vicariate.
His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros of America has appointed Rev. Rostislav Zadorozhny as parish priest of the community. Rev. Alexander Belya, Rector of St. John the Baptist Cathedral in Brooklyn, will also serve as spiritual father.